The Session: Label, Coaster and Cap Art
On September 2, 2011, it will my pleasure to host The Session. The Session is a group writing project that was conceived by Stan Hieronymus of Appellation Beer and hosted by Jay Brooks at the Brookston Beer Bulletin.
On September 2, bloggers from around the world will converge at HopHeadSaid to write about the fabulous world of beer art found on coasters, labels and caps. I am guessing that I am not so different from other beer enthusiasts – I like to collect beer labels, bottle caps and coasters. I think they are perfect souvenirs from beer travels or drinking sessions. Judging by the size of my collection you could say that I have had many enjoyable drinking sessions over the years!
Now it is time to dig through your stash and share your favorite label, coaster or cap art.
- Choose your favorite label, coaster or cap art.
- Scan, download or take a picture of your label, coaster or cap art.
- Write a paragraph that explains your affinity to your entry. Your explanation can be as shallow as or as deep as you want.
- If the brewery name or beer name is obscured be sure to label your entry to give credit where credit is due.
- Please limit your entries to commercial examples. Homebrew labels will be a topic for another session.
- Extra karma points will be awarded to those who write about two or more categories (label, coaster or cap art).
- Post your blog entry on or before Friday, September 2, 2001 and e-mail your link to curtis [at] hopheadsaid [dot] com.
- Alternate posting method: Post your picture and explanation on my HopHeadSaid Facebook page and I will copy your post to the “official”location.
- I will collect the entries throughout the day and post them on this page: The Session: Label, Coaster and Cap Art
Thanks for participating!